POSITION DESCRIPTION / DESCRIPCION DE PUESTO:
The Master Scheduler (MS) is responsible for integrating Sales and Product management forecast demand information in the long range planning process related to procurement, production, and shipments, while considering in the analysis inventory levels, lead times, production capacities, and other critical factors like obsolescence and product life cycles. The MS orchestrates communication with other functional areas to develop accurate and effective production plans.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & AUTHORITIES / FUNCIONES & AUTORIDADES DEL PUESTO:
- Develops Master Production Schedules (MPS) considering demand, forecast, historical data and production capabilities, to determine requirements for manufactured and purchased parts under Make to Stock and Make to Order environments.
- Develops enhanced processes within the supply chain aimed to improve operating metrics including On-Time-Delivery and Inventory Turns.
- Develops and monitors detailed procurement and production plans utilizing not only Sales and Product management forecast demand information, but also historical information.
- Analyses all customers’ new sales orders and provides promise dates in a timely manner.
- Constantly reviews customers pull and push signals to ensure the MPS and MRP are always updated.
- Based on statistical data analysis, recommends and develops strategic safety stock programs with key suppliers to reduce lead times and improve service to customers.
- Drives actions to increase Epicor ERP setup functionality and to ensure its usage for supply chain related activities.
- Constantly reviews and validates optimal ERP planning horizons, time fences and planning parameters to ensure accurate system calculations.
- Analyzes inventory levels and product demands to determine reorder levels and safety stocks that will ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs.
- Works with the Purchasing team to ensure the constant analysis and execution of the MRP signals so all materials are ordered and available as required.
- Coordinates and plans materials requirements for new product introductions, including review of new BOM’s and cut-off dates for building verification and production units.
- Assists in the resolution of MRP and Planning discrepancies.
- Prepares reports to ensure proper execution of operational and supply chain activities.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS / EDUCACION REQUERIDA: Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent discipline
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED / HABILIDADES Y CONOCIMIENTO REQUERIDO
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Supply Chain/Master Scheduling roles.
- APICS Certification.
- Experience in statistical data analysis, with knowledge in Lean/Six-sigma methodologies.
- Strong experience and knowledge in advanced ERP systems e.g. SAP, Oracle, etc. Epicor is highly preferable.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively.
- Analytical & Diagnostics skills.
- Problem Solver, Innovator.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED / MATERIAL Y EQUIPO USADO:
- Epicor ERP system.
- MS Word, Excel, MS-Access, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, etc.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the form below, attaching your resume in PDF format.